This is an adaptation of the recipe from http://healthyketo.com/low-carb-treats/low-carb-keto-chocolate-fudge/.
I didn’t change many of the ingredients but I did change the process of how this was done as most of the ingredients are rather liquid and may turn out gooey.
2 tbsp salted butter
1/2 cup heavy cream
4 ounces cream cheese or 114g
1/4 cup erythritol
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp xanthan gum
How to make this:
- Your ingredients need to be at room temperature or softened.
- Mix heavy cream and cream cheese. They will be a bit lumpy. Put the microwavable container in the microwave for 30 seconds. Whisk again.
- Add butter and erythritol into the mixture. Mix well. Pop it back into the microwave for 1 min or until it bubbles.
- Remove from microwave and include cocoa powder. Mix well. Add xanthan gum which thickens the mixture.
- Pour the mixture in a dish or container. Put it in the freezer and freeze for about 2.5 hours to 4 hours.
This weren’t exactly fudge but they do taste good. They do have a texture/consistency like jello…hence the name.
I’ll try this from a keto caramel base next time without the cream cheese as I believe that it will give it more of a fudge consistency.